Saturday, July 30, 2011

the journey begins

The much anticipated departure is nearly upon us - we fly out at 11pm tomorrow (thanks for the lift Doylie!). Hopefully Singapore Airlines lives up to all the rave reviews I've been hearing.


Had to farewell Raves this morning which was a bit traumatic for all involved (or maybe just me) hopefully she enjoys her holiday at Imparra Pet Motel and does not punish me for too long when we return!

We arrive in London on Monday afternoon and have 3 nights staying at the Hoxton Hotel in Shoreditch. I have heard the area is super cool so am pretty excited to check it all out.  Think we'll just hang in the area after we arrive on Monday night and check out the Albion Cafe, Boundary Hotel and surrounds.



A bit of sightseeing is probably on the agenda while we're in old London town. Dave is desperate to see the National History Museum...we may have to part ways for a few hours while he indulges his inner-nerd! I have been given a hot shopping tip from an authoratitive source - Primark in Oxford Street so I will be definitely be hitting that up for some cheap threads along with an obligatory Zara trip.



We'll catch up with some girlfriends I went to college with on Wednesday night after spending the arvo seeing Love Never Dies at the Adelphi Theatre in Covent Garden. A girlfriend has told me I have to check out Polpo and/or Randall & Aubin in Soho for eats and drinks so we'll try to squeeze one, if not both of them in.



I'm hoping to have a further instalment for you before we embark on our drive up to Scotland next Thursday (don't be alarmed, Dave will be doing all the driving).



xox

No comments:

Post a Comment